Building on 46 years of experience in advancing women in STEM, The Association for Women in Science is pleased to announce the launch of STEM to Market: The AWIS Accelerator, a unique program designed to help STEM-trained women transform their research into market-ready products that make customers’ lives better.
Although the program is being piloted in Bay, DC and Chicago areas, AWIS New jersey has partnered with AWIS central to qualify New Jersey AWIS members to participate in the program based on certain pre-requisites. You are eligible if you:
- Identify as a woman,
- Have advanced training or experience in one or more STEM field(s),
- Have STEM research you want to commercialize,
- Have already made some investment in your idea, and
- Can commit to completing the course requirements.
The program is free to accepted participants, thanks to funding from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. The application deadline for DC cohort is April 28, 2017. The application takes only an hour or less to complete.
The applications for Chicago Cohort will open in a couple of months. Stay tuned or sign up to be wait listed.
STEM to Market: The AWIS Accelerator is the first accelerator program tailored to the needs of women in STEM. STEM to Market combines your scientific expertise with the specialized knowledge, mentorship, and community you need to build a solid foundation and navigate the challenging technology transfer and start-up worlds. Through the ten-month program, you will:
- Receive customized commercialization training and support;
- Become part of a network and community of STEM entrepreneurs;
- Access mentoring and advising from successful entrepreneurs, investors, funders, and market experts to help you build your product and/or company; and
- Develop strong connections to the investment community.
We are excited to travel with you on your commercialization journey!